This scramble is great for breakfast.
- 2 tbsp. grapeseed or coconut oil, divided
- 1 14 oz. package extra firm organic tofu
- ½ cup nutritional yeast flakes*
- 3 tbsp. wheat free tamari
- 2 tsp. Italian herb blend
- 1 medium carrot, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 small zucchini, shredded (about 1 cup)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Mixing your Goods: Drain tofu well. In a large bowl, mash up tofu so it is like the consistency of scrambled eggs. Then add in nutritional yeast, tamari and herbs, combine, and set aside. Heat a medium pan to medium high heat and sauté carrots in 1 tablespoon of oil and a pinch of sea salt until almost tender. Add zucchini and sauté for 2 more minutes or until tender. Remove from pan and set aside. Warm the other tablespoon of oil in your pan and layer tofu on the bottom of the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes and check tofu. When it begins to brown, flip and cook on other side until it is browned as well. Stir in carrots and zucchini and add sea salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with a light side salad and fresh fruit. *Nutritional yeast is NOT the same as brewer's yeast. Nutritional yeast has a cheesy flavor, but is completely vegan. You can usually find it in the bulk section of your grocery store or order online.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device