What day of the week is it? It's Taco Tuesday!
- 1 Head of butter leaf lettuce
- 1 Can of beans (black or pinto)
- Pico de Gallo (prepackaged or make your own: diced tomatoes, diced onions, chopped cilantro, lime, diced jalapeno to taste)
- Avocado (a couple slices)
- Chicken breast, lean ground beef, lean chopped steak, or fish.
Mixing your Goods:
1. Simmer the beans to cook them down a bit
2. Prepare the meat in a skillet with a natural taco seasoning (to taste), prepare fish with seasoning on a grill wrapped in aluminum foil
3. Rinse and lay out 2-3 leaves of butter leaf lettuce…these are your "tortillas"
4. Add beans, then meat, then pico, top with avocado…maybe a little hot sauce.